AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
Patrick_yant

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wed, Dec 3, 2014 7:48 PM

Why does my phone think i'm in another city?

When ever I search for near by places I am directed to Chicago. Can I fix this. I have an iPhone 5s.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

6 years ago

Try power cycling your phone, That will re-establish a connection to the system. That may help.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

6 years ago

Do you have location services turned on? Settings - Privacy - Location Services.

Otherwise it uses wherever your internet connection comes out of.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Yea I have those settings enabled.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

No that did not fix the problem.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

No that did not fix the problem. I'm trying post a pic, but the iPhone isn't helping.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Soulition not found.
cousintim

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

What location is shown in your Weather app?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

My iPhone 6 does the same thing! I am no where near Chicago and my location service is on and it shows where I truly am at. Whenever I do a search it brings up a Chicago zip code never fails! This has been an ongoing thing since I bought this phone. I am with AT&T GO Phone

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The best answer I've gotten is Chicago has the biggest internet network near me. So even tho I'm a state away my searches always go to Chicago. Frustrating as it may be I haven't found an actual answer to solve the problem.

#attfixitplease

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am logging in under a Chicago IP address. I have even, at times had the address where I am "logging in" which has put me either at MY EX-HUSBAND's house or his work!? I have sent him screenshots for proof, I have cancelled accounts, cleared out my iPad & started it back at "new", called Apple, etc! Our teenager has even hacked me & I showed him & he says it WASN'T him! Lol. I feel like my next option is to get rid of my apple devices altogether (6 years of this) is truly enough! But if anyone can help me? I have even told the Ex (he lives in Chicago & me & our son live in MO) that this is illegal & he needs to STOP! One morning @5a.m. I got on my iPad to send an email, the email addresses I was pulling up were all from THE EX's coworkers!! Again! "It wasn't ME!" Haaa! Umm so I do know it's him but WHAT do I do!?
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@NotChicago wrote:
@I am logging in under a Chicago IP address. I have even, at times had the address where I am "logging in" which has put me either at MY EX-HUSBAND's house or his work!? I have sent him screenshots for proof, I have cancelled accounts, cleared out my iPad & started it back at "new", called Apple, etc! Our teenager has even hacked me & I showed him & he says it WASN'T him! Lol. I feel like my next option is to get rid of my apple devices altogether (6 years of this) is truly enough! But if anyone can help me? I have even told the Ex (he lives in Chicago & me & our son live in MO) that this is illegal & he needs to STOP! One morning @5a.m. I got on my iPad to send an email, the email addresses I was pulling up were all from THE EX's coworkers!! Again! "It wasn't ME!" Haaa! Umm so I do know it's him but WHAT do I do!?

Change all your passwords including your iCloud password.

If it offers two factor authentication when you reset some, pick that, but make sure you follow all those instructions carefully....

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have this same problem. I am in Kentucky and my phone seems to think I am in Georgia. I think this has something to do with the IP address when I am using cell data instead of wifi?
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

78.5K Messages

4 years ago

i am using an iPad now, my phones are android.  All of them accurately show my exact location whether on wifi or cellular.  Something is definitely  buggy. 

Are location services on for the correct Apps?  Are you sharing location?

IMG_5563.PNG

@Gary L. How the devil do you clear cached data on an Apple?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@Gary L. How the devil do you clear cached data on an Apple? 

On my desktop I can, I can't think of ever bothering with it on my iPhone.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Settings/Safari.
Scroll to see /Clear History and Website Data.
Select/Clear History and Data

Get started...

Ask a new question