The new iPhone 15
Alliezoe's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 7:01 AM

When am I eligible for an iPhone 7 upgrade?

When I eligible for an upgrade?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

My husband and I are eligible for upgrades, I see the iPhone prices on Apple, but what are the prices if we're eligible for upgrades through AT&T?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Prices for iPhone are the same when they debut, no matter who you buy from.  Apple controls pricing for several months.  If you want to save a bit, the 6s and 6 will be down $100-$200 respectively, of available.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@TyBarr

None of the carriers have contract upgrades anymore.  

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@brittnokc If you're on a next plan, eligible just means if you've paid off the main part of your phone (i.e. 24 months on Next 24) you don't need to pay the last 6 (or 😎 months of your plan if you turn your phone in.  In essence they are buying it from you for the cost of those those last payments.

Your new phone costs the same.

There is a chance (especially if an iPhone) that your old phone is worth more than those last 6-8 payments, so pay it off and sell it to Gazelle or ebay...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L You are right that you do have the option of continuing to pay off the phone in full and keep it.  However, if you are planning to upgrade at either 12 months (Next every year) or 24 months (Next), the terms I read say that you have to turn in your old phone to get the new one.  The only case that appears to allow you to keep your old phone is if you keep making the payments through the end of the payment terms (24 months under Next every year, and 30 months under Next).  That would mean that you would have to make payments for two phones after you upgrade or pay off the remaining balance on your old phone if you keep it and don't turn it in.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40According to the Apple website, those carriers do still offer subsidized phones.

Apple Phone (2).jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@TyBarr wrote:

@lizdance40According to the Apple website, those carriers do still offer subsidized phones.

Apple, says we don't need headphone jacks any more,

so we can't really trust them!   😉

Seriously, that suprises me. I know even after some companies cut them off that they were still being offered some places for a while but I thought that was done.  (There was a post a few days ago where someone said the BestBuy mobile said they'd still do it, but they didn't actually try it).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If I pay off my device am I eligible to upgrade even if it's not time for me to upgrade yet

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I have a 6+ and it says the contract is over on September 12th. When preordering my upgrade it said I had to send in the 6+. Why if it is almost out of the next plan do o have to give it back to att? Or so I? There wasn't an option to say no thank you to trading in.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Rbazz1492

Sounds like you had your phone for about a year and you have a Next 12 plan. With this plan you can upgrade every 12 months with a Trade-In. If you want to keep the phone, there should be an option to pay off the remaining Next balance and upgrade by starting a new plan.

Please let us know if you have any other questions

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.