For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Jackson:1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 6:22 PM

Closed

What happens when you don't finish paying off a phone?

I have a phone & I'm not sure if it's paid off yet or what. Someone help 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

@dwill05 I have been paying for the phone AND the line. I am unhappy with the customer service and the fact they CONTINUE to screw my bill up each month

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

4 years ago

I get that, but you asked if you can take the phone back to AT&T (no, you’re long past the 14 days) and cancel the line or payment (if you do, you’ll lose all of the promotional credits and be required to pay for the phone in full).  I understand they you are unhappy with them, but those are the answers to those questions that you asked.  You’ll have to deal with them, and go through their conflict resolution process because it’s likely that all you’ll get is more promises to fix the issue.  They aren’t likely to take the phone back or let you off the hook of fulfilling the promotion.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Help !!!

the guy that sold me the phone said the phone was half of and that I only needed to pay 300 but on the receipt that I just received with my phone says that I gave a down payment . The guy said the phone was half off and he did not say it was the down payment . I don’t know what to do ,I thought I already paid for the whole phone. 
please help , I’m about to cry

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I get what you were asking. Will it work… as in needing to know if the phone is junk now or still able to use it right? 

You CAN definitely use the phone…It will be carried locked to the carrier you originally got it from (AT&T right?) So you can only use it on AT&T….No problem👌🏼…switch it to prepaid if you don’t mind prepaid… I personally did this, It’s pretty simple and definitely cheaper. 👏👏

What you will need to do:

you gotta pop the SIM card out of the phone and buy a new AT&T prepaid SIM kit should be about $10 and activate the new SIM and put it in the phone once you selected a plan and paid for that. You can buy refillable AT&T cards to pay your bill or auto pay. I recommend just using “My AT&T app” for everything once you get it set up. 📲

Sorry, this may or may not be correct order but kit has instructions, this is an idea of what you need to get and need to do. (If you activate online and set it all up soooo much easier that over the phone)

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

*AT&T phone

*AT&T Prepaid SIM kit (BYOP)-$10

-Activate New SIM- 

*Select a Plan

[Pay for plan/Activ. Fee (if any] using↙️
      *Refill Card/Auto-Pay/Debit/Credit 

There ya go! Enjoy your phone!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

@Jasonontherise

You did read that this thread is a year old? The most recent one is 10 months old. Pretty sure everyone has figured out what to do by now...

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have t-Mobile phone I bought from this guy an he said the carrier was unlock lock but unfortunately it’s LOCKED!!! I thought he said it was unlocked to any carrieR BUT!! I did use it on Straighttalk but straighttalk is under Verizon towers now so I want to know can I use the phone even though it’s carrier lock under t- mobile prepaid or something since it’s a T-Mobile phone

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

@Yassss123 If you are asking can you use the phone on ATT, no, not if it’s locked to T-Mobile.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

No I was asking can I use it back on T-mobile bc I was using it on Straighttalk an it’s T-MOBILE PHONE!! 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

@Yassss123 That’s a question for T-Mobile. This is an ATT forum. I would expect the answer is yes but you need to ask T-Mobile, not ATT.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Oh sorry just noticed that thanks tho

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.