Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Rafaelht23's profile

1 Message

Saturday, March 16th, 2024 11:24 PM

We cannot unlock your device until 60 days

Hello, I just purchased an iPhone on eBay and when I try to unlock it from AT&T to use it with another carrier, it gives me the following error:

'We cannot unlock your device until 60 days after purchase. Please submit an unlock request after you have had your device for 60 days or more.'

How can I solve this without having to use an AT&T sim card for 60 days?

Accepted Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

3 months ago

Easy, return the phone and get your money back then purchase an unlocked phone direct from the manufacturer…

ACE - Master

• 

10.9K Messages

3 months ago

Or wait the 60 days.  If the phone was bought paid in full at the time of purchase, you have to wait 60 days from the date of original purchase (when the phone was originally purchased, not when you bought it from a seller on eBay.  No requirement to use it with AT&T for 60 days.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

• Was paid in full when you bought it (it was not purchased on an installment plan). You must wait 60 days from your purchase date to submit an unlock request.

Of course, that’s assuming that the other conditions are met.  Hopefully you paid the full retail price for the phone on eBay.  If someone sold you a phone at less than retail, it’s likely a scam.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

3 months ago

I would not advise you waiting 60 days.

Contact the seller and insist that they unlock it, or except a return for full refund.

Whoever sold it to you could default on their service and then AT&T will never unlock it

2 Messages

1 month ago

Olá, a mesma mensagem também aparece quando tento desbloquear, e não tenho uma linha ativa na AT&T. Você conseguiu desbloqueá-lo?

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

1 month ago

They would not have been able to unlock it.  At&t unlock requirements are strict.  All phones would be required to serve a minimum of 60 days of active service on AT&T, and be paid off in order to be eligible for unlocking.

I do not recommend buying used AT&T phones even if they appear to be brand new. AT&T phones are not only carrier locked but account restricted.

Just don't do it.  Scams!

Eles não teriam sido capazes de desbloqueá-lo.  Os requisitos de desbloqueio da At&t são rigorosos.  Todos os telefones seriam obrigados a servir um mínimo de 60 dias de serviço ativo na AT&T e seriam pagos para serem elegíveis para desbloqueio.

Não recomendo comprar telefones AT&T usados, mesmo que pareçam novos.  Os telefones da AT&T não são apenas bloqueados pela operadora, mas também pela conta.

Apenas não faça isso.  Golpes!

2 Messages

28 days ago

You respond by saying obvious things and you don't know the origin of my device.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

28 days ago

That's right we don't. Unless you tell us. 

Does the phone meet the requirements? It has to be used on AT&T for at least 60 days. Yes or no?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.