20th Community Anniversary
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 6th, 2017 1:07 AM

Voicemail error 1035

I read the solutions to the same voicemail problems everyone else had on this forum and attempted all of the ones I found that were relative to my iPhone. However, none of them have worked. I tried a master reset and resetting my network settings along with other less drastic measures. My cellular data is on and my wifi is off. Settings wise everything is like straight outta the box except for preference settings like font size and bold text etc.. Please help me lol. I need to get this setup.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

JUNE 2019... YEP!!  Just called my own iPhone 8+... old-school style... went through a long process of choosing the option I needed... recorded a New Outgoing Voicemail Message... and guess what?.... I have an outgoing voicemail message.  ****NOT the one I recorded old-school... but the original one I attempted to set-up and got the "Error 1035".   This is ridiculous.   I'm not going to fool with it anymore today... I've recorded the darn thing at least 8 times.  The version that "stuck" is not the best one... but I don't have another 40 minutes to work on this.  "AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!!!"

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Actually, I had the same problem but called AT&T and learned that my voice mail had not been set up, even though I have a new iPhone 11 Pro.  The technician from AT&T simply "added" voice mail to my phone - which took about 5 minutes - and I am now able to record a greeting and receive voice mail messages.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Wow!!! Good info. Thank you.

Soooooo, ONE Bazillion iPhones need 5 minutes with an ATT rep just to download "voice-mail" which is one of the most BASIC (and useful) telephone features??? Shaking My Head….

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

i was in the same boat. nothing worked. the store said it was an apple problem but after an hour with apple support, it was definitely an at &t problem.  second trip to the store found a kid who said it was their problem, but they couldn't fix it at the store.  in my case, when i switched from verizon, they neglected to tell me i had to set up voicemail myself. since my verizon archived messages were there, i assumed it was set up already. the AT&T website says somewhere a customer has 60 days to set up voicemail or it will be deleted from the account. why doesn't make sense. so the only solution was to go through the ponderous AT&T customer service phone tree, keep saying other, until you finally get to talk to a human. The first human i talked to did say they needed to reactivate it, which he supposedly did, but it didn't work and he never gave me a followup call like he promised. the second human i talked to said the same thing, but actually fixed it.  it does help to have another phone for them to call you because your phone will have to be disconnected from the call to  be fixed.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was in the same boat. after hours with AT&T store and apple support,, it is definitely an AT&T problem. when i switched from verizon, no one told me i had to set up my voicemail. i assumed it was there, as my archived messages were listed and could be listened to.  it was when i finally got around to setting up my greeting that i encountered the dread 1035. apparently you have 60 days to set up your voicemail, or it will be disconnected. why this is is a mystery. Therefor, i had to go thru the ponderous AT&T phone tree, keep saying other after you finally get to choose tech support until you talk to a real person. the first real person confirmed my voicemail was off, turned it back on (he claimed), but it still didn't work and he did not call me back to confirm as he promised. so i had to repeat the process. person #2 was able to easily fix the problem and it works now. all my voicemails showed up and i was able to set a custom greeting. it does help to have another phone with you so they can call it and keep the communication going, as at some point your phone needs to disconnect from the call to be fixed.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have new IPhone 11 on AT&T, and never even setup the Vmail, which appears you can’t do completely from the IPhone. You can try setting up your greeting from the IPhone, but this results in the ‘error 1035’.

Calling myself did get me to Vmail, but it was prompting me for pin code which I never setup. 

So I did the following steps, which got the Vmail PIN reset to something I know and allowed me to fully setup the Vmail. I tested it and it works.. as I received 2 Vmails I left myself back on 20-June-2021, Today is 8-July-2021:

Learn how to reset your voicemail password (or setup for the first time).
  1. Call 800.901. 9878 (611 from your AT&T PREPAID phone or connected home phone).
  2. Confirm or enter your 10-digit wireless number if prompted.
  3. Voice prompt asks ‘ What Can I help you with? 
  4. Say Change my voicemail password.
  5. The system then did some verifications and figured out PIN code was never setup and then allowed me to step through the process. Once done I had set the Vmail PIN code, and recorded my name in a standard greeting. 

Then I got all test vmails left weeks ago. 

Maybe this will help others. 

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

ATT tried to fix this for 3 hours.  I tried everything including resetting my network settings, changing Siri, toggling Airplane mode, resetting password, nothing.  Then I used the online (ATT) troubleshooting for my specific phone and it said voicemail was almost full.  I deleted 10 messages and suddenly my transcription was back!  Still can't dial voicemail with "press and hold 1" option but I guess it doesn't matter.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.