For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Putintime's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 26th, 2016 2:02 PM

Visual Voicemail charge?

I do NOT want it, never have, never will, but I am billed $40.00 monthly for a service I never have or will use....WHY???? I NEVER requested it.

Sincerely,

Loyal Customer for over 10 years

JC Peterson

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You are not paying for visual voice mail. The $40 charge is for unlimited talk and text. Since you have a smartphone, visual voice mail is included. The only reason it is even listed is to ensure your line is provisioned correctly. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Can you split the $40 charge between smartphones on the same account?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@heartmtinky

No.  This is your line access fee. If you look at your bill, it is listed next to your phone number and identifies your particular phone.  

Every device must have a phone number, even data only devices like tablets or watches.  

FYI.   If the line fee is a full $40, with no discount,  either you are on an old family plan, or that line is under a 2 year contract to pay for a phone.   The newer plans may be cheaper.  Use the online comparison tool to see if a newer plan will save you money.  

Please, please, do NOT call and ask some one to do it for you!  They get points for selling the newer plans, even if it costs you more, they will say otherwise.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.