Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 28, 2018 1:56 AM

Visual Voice mail not working

Hi,

I already reset the network settings as most sites recommends, however it is still not working the visual voice mail on my iphone. Any additional advice will be very welcome. 

Responses

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

I have not had a problem with VM on my iPhones (3, 6, or Xs). Do not always get voicemail transcription which is not a concern for me. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 months ago

Bahahaha..nice one. Live long and Prosper. Oh, and it still not working. But I have faith.

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

That was laugh out loud funny! Thank you for brightening my day. 

The blinking vm is not working for many of us. Calling tech support has been an interesting exercise in futility.

First call to 611 and I request tech support for voice mail. She  suggests I call 611.

Next call a lovely gentleman can't help, commiserates with me about the problem in the Carolinas and he is sorry there is nothing to be done.

Next call Sorry you're having a problem let me transfer you, dropped the line.

Next call, no clue there was a problem, let me see if I can help. Oh, there is a problem, sorry.

Visit to the store to see if on site can help. Woman guarding the door, yes there is a problem for all Androids, not I-phones, wonder if there is a sale? It is a Google problem and they are working on it. For 3 weeks? When were they going to notify us? Well they can't, how could they notify thousands of customers there is a problem? Email? text? Robocall? The manager strolled over at this point, because you know, a woman can't handle this, and I remind him that I am sorry we made the switch from Verizon at the  start of the year and we had already dropped Directv because of pricing, etc. And a reminder to him they might want to work a little on customer service. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

Just learning this, sorry about the duplicate post

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

Yes voicemail still not working.. funny thing is I pulled out an old 3G
phone put in my SD card and called the voicemail and yo&behold I got
through and was able to listen to all of my 32 voicemail's and yesterday I
had no service what so ever ...((( I do believe I'm going to switch to
another company like Sprint or even cricket anything but AT&T is a joke)))
it's been over 3 weeks since I was able to get into my voicemail but as
soon as I put my SD card back into my newer phone the one I was using back
to the same problem.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

6 months ago

@Crazyladylinda wrote:
Yes voicemail still not working.. funny thing is I pulled out an old 3G
phone put in my SD card and called the voicemail and yo&behold I got
through and was able to listen to all of my 32 voicemail's and yesterday I
had no service what so ever ...((( I do believe I'm going to switch to
another company like Sprint or even cricket anything but AT&T is a joke)))
it's been over 3 weeks since I was able to get into my voicemail but as
soon as I put my SD card back into my newer phone the one I was using back
to the same problem.

1.  SIM card, not SD card.  SD card is storage, not service. 
2.  Cricket IS At&t.  They own it.  
3.  Is it only VVM that doesn’t work?  Can you access by calling in on the new phone?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

And no VVM is not working either

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I have not had visual voicemail working for several weeks now. What in the world is going on??? And, how will AT&T notify us when it eventually is working, since we all never got a text letting us know something was wrong to begin with, so I'm not hoping beyond all hope that we will be notified when the problem has been fixed. Anyone out there have any updates about this problem??? ANYTHING????? (PS...and yes, I have done everything under the sun I've seen in print to try and solve this problem...nothing worked. I dial my VM number and it tells me that service is not available. Yeah, I know, it hasn't been for several weeks now.)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 months ago

Well I called 611 today and they were not much help the only thing I got
from them was it was beyond their control and they suggested to me that I
should download a 3rd party application for voicemail and I ask them is
there any way I could get the ones that I have they told me no.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep and we tried resetting the phone, the password, etc., etc. Nothing helped.   I am in California, and the  rep mentioned that the info from the engineers listed a few other states that it was happing in also. She also said we could try and set up my account on another server but then any voicemails I had would be deleted.  I did not think that was a good idea.  😞  She did add me to a list to have AT&T notify me by text when the problem was resolved. I got the impression that it may be days or weeks before this gets resolved. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Hello Tim - any updates or anticipated resolution time? As I am sure you understand, this is quite frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Any ETA on this? My Visual Voice mail is not refreshing. The customer care executive told there is an ongoing issue. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

Somewhere in this thread there was a post about an auto fix by going to the AT&T support site for my phone. A update is suppose to be loaded to the iPhone. Does not work. Tried it twice!  Also I tried resetting the phone in VM password and that does not work. Tells me voicemail is not accessible.  What a mess!! VM down now for 6 days!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Me too & I’m having a medical emergency. They also shut off my service “accidentally” & didn’t restore it for a week. I’m coming to hate them.

twfisher

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

4 months ago

Visual Voice mail not working .When you call my phone the phone would answer saying the the voice mailbox was full and then would hang up.

If i called in from my phone it would say I had no messages and everything seems normal. After much researching i ended up calling AT&T. after several transfers I ended up with David in Advanced technical support. He looked things over and asked me if i had installed any apps that deal with phone service. He said that the settings on the at&t side had been changed as to where my voice mail was being directed. As a matter of fact I had installed robokiller. I deleted the app but the issue was still there. He changed my setting on AT&T end as to where my voice mail was directed to back to my phone. And Wala my voice mail is back working.

So check to see if you have an app that might be causing it to redirect your voice mail on AT&Ts end. This has to be fixed on AT&Ts end. Hats off to David as he had me back up in 5 minutes

KrisM32

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

This problem is driving me crazy and all the suggested fixes have failed.

--airplane mode toggle

--reset network settings

--turning phone off

--reset voicemail password from att website

iPhoneXR (was my phone and visual voicemail was fine, then I upgraded, so now using this phone for my elderly parents # after a sim card switch done by at&t store)

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…