Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
msmartin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jun 18, 2015 11:25 AM

usage on phone after missing

I realized my iPhone was missing about 12:30 pm yesterday. My records show a usage (int/MD) at 1:14 pm of 961 kb. Does that mean someone actually used it or could that have been some kind of update, etc.? Thanks.

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

Yes, soneone could have used your phone but it is more likely that it was an update or an app working in the background.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hopefully you had a PIN or password setup to access the phone and Find My iPhone configured.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201472

Report the loss to AT&T and the local police. Someone may find it and turn it in to the police.
GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 y ago

There are everal things which would use your cellular data services without someone physically using the iPhone. Visual Voice Mail, background app refresh, etc. all could account for data usage. Also, keep in mind that if you have a Mobile Share Value Plan, then your data usage is generally aggregated and reported in 3 hour increments, so if you have that type of account, the data usage could have been from before you loast the phone.

Having said all of that, it is also quite possible that someone has found your phone and may be tryign to use it (possibly even to contact you). Since it is an iPhone, I would suggest that you try the iCloud Find My iPhone feature. It will let you play an obnoxiuos noise on the phone, as well as lock it with a passcode that will be needed to unlock it (and use it) again. It might also be helpful in locating the phone because it can display on a map the location of the phone (if it is known). If all else fails, you can also use the Find My iPhone to perform a remote wipe of your phone so that there is no risk of your data "leaking" into other people's hands. Once you do this, you will lose the ability to try to track it any longer, but it will make sure that no one can access your information on that phone any more.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks to all who replied. Your comments were helpful. Fortunately, the phone turned up today. Thank you.

Get started...

Ask a new question