The new iPhone 15
EkaterinaErmolaeva's profile

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 8:03 PM

unlocking

hello. I am from Russia, and in Russia, I bought an iPhone 14 phone, when I came to the operator, I could not connect esim, the phone is tied to the at & t operator, how to unlock the phone, please tell me. wrote through a translator. Sorry.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

To unlock a phone, use the unlock portal:

https://att.com/deviceunlock

However, don’t be surprised if your unlock request is denied. Locked ATT phones are not normally sold in Russia. The phone likely will not qualify to be unlocked.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

thanks for the help. but I don't know the subscriber data to my preferred device. since I bought the phone brand new.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

1 year ago

The only data you need to know is the IMEI number, which should be on the box.  If you answer “no” to the question of if you have an AT&T phone number, then the system should know you don’t have an account, and only ask you for the IMEI.  However, if the phone is brand new, don’t be surprised if the phone isn’t eligible for unlocking.  AT&T doesn’t sell phones in Russia, so it was brought in from somewhere else.  There is a high chance that the phone was reported lost or stolen, or isn’t paid off.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

thanks for the answer. I'll try. probably the phone was not paid for and somehow brought to Russia. I opened the box myself, all the seals were in place. and a check from the store from which I bought, I have. thank you again for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.