Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Y3llowMustang's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, May 3rd, 2019 2:21 AM

Unlocking iPhone 5C Impossible?

Hello ATT forum,

I've been stationed in South Korea for about 3 years now and had cancelled my ATT service upon arriving here and getting a new phone with a Korean carrier. Recently that phone happened to take a swim in the ocean and no longer functions. So I have had the joy of attempting to unlock my old iPhone 5C that I had paired with my ATT account. I've attempted to unlock the device twice already, both times denied claiming that I didn't click the link. (I've clicked the link both times). I was annoyed at the first request, but figured it was an honest mistake. Now I'm angry because I know I clicked that link, see below images for proof: 

ATT Confirmation 1v2.jpgATT Confirmation 2v2.jpg

ATT Confirmation 3v2.jpg

I've also called and opened up a helpdesk case: CM20190502_141240377

The technician informed me it has an estimated resolution for around May 6th which is completely unacceptable considering I've been without a phone for a week now because of their system is completely broken. I asked if there is some way to temporarily address the issue and she basically told me I'm out of luck.

I've read the requirements to unlock the device multiple times and I easily meet them, so ATT please expedite this request the way you treat your customers is ridiculous. 

[Edited for clarity-Pictures added.]

3 Attachments

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Sad thing is ATT can care less if you are not ATT customer. They have not fixed this issue since 7 days now.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Sad thing is AT&T can care less if you are not AT&T customer. They have not fixed this issue since 7 days now.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This issue is resolved now, I filed a complaint with the FCC and they resolved my issue overnight. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.