Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
S

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, April 28th, 2021 3:12 PM

Unlocked iPhone SE 2020

I have an iPhone SE 2020 unlocked and still won't work on my sim from the Philippines, it is still No Service even unlocked.

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

3 years ago

Again, approving the unlock isn’t the same thing as actually unlocking the phone.  AT&T can’t physically unlock a phone.  All their “approval” means is that they sent a request to Apple to unlock the phone.  It’s up to Apple to actually update their activation server, and it’s up to you to connect the phone to the activation server to actually unlock it.  AT&T doesn’t know whether the phone is actually unlocked.  All they know is that they approved it.

If you really want to find out whether the phone is unlocked, ask Apple.  They know for sure.

Also, have you done what @Fl_retire said in his post?  If you have a recent ios, there is a line in settings that tells you whether the phone is actually locked or not.

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, I checked on Settings > About > Carrier Lock: No SIM restrictions as per @Fl_retire there is no restrictions. What happened was the original owner request an unlock and he was told that I should just sync it to iTunes, which I did and it worked. Then I reset it  because I was supposed to sent it to the Philippines but changed my mind so I insert my sim card (from the Philippines) again and now it won't work. I called At&t and he told me that I should I receive a code in 24-48hr.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.