Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
R

• 

5 Messages

Mon, Jan 18, 2021 8:44 AM

Unlocked iPhone not unlocked

Tried unlocking my iPhone on the at&t site but it said it was already unlocked but when I use a different sim it says that it is unsupported 

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

a month ago

What iPhone model?  What carrier? 

Not all iPhones will work on Verizon or Sprint. Unlocking an iPhone is completed with apple servers. If you have not connected to Apple server through Wi-Fi or cellular after AT&T agreed your phone could be unlocked, it's not completed.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

An iPhone XR I’m in the Caribbean so I’m trying a flow SIM card

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

How do i connect to apple servers?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

a month ago

I have no idea what the requirements are of the network you are trying to use. In general and iPhone XR should be Universal device.

I already told you how to connect to Apple servers, you need a Wi-Fi or a Cellular Connection. Since you cannot use Wi-Fi because you are still blocked, you must connect to Wi-Fi to connect your phone to Apple.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I connected using WiFi already

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

a month ago

Go to settings/general/about, scroll down to Carrier Lock. If your phone is really unlocked, you’ll see “No SIM Restrictions”. If your phone is locked, sorry I have no explanation for why the unlock portal says otherwise.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

a month ago

Apple may not have updated its servers, or didn't unlock the correct imei

Get started...

Ask a new question