AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The new iPhone 14
Artu637's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 26, 2016 9:38 PM

Unlock

I have an iPhone with this service, but I wanna use other mobile company, like Telcel (in Mexico), somebody knows how to unlock it?
raphaelulz

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

7 years ago

If you purchased the iPhone from AT&T via 2-year contract or AT&T NEXT, it needs to be off-contract or paid off in full, respectively. Also, the account it's linked to cannot have a past due balance. If that's confirmed, go ahead and go to att.com/deviceunlock and fill out the form there. The Wireless Passcode it asks for will be the same passcode used for the wireless account it's linked to. If there's no passcode, you need to create a passcode for the account. You can do that by logging into your myAT&T account and going to the myAT&T tab > Profile > Security Passcode and changing it there.

After you've filled out the device unlock request form and you get to the congratulations/success screen, the final thing you need to do is plug in the phone into your computer, load up iTunes, back up the phone (if you want to keep the data on the phone), and then factory restore the phone. Here's a couple guides on how to do that, straight from Apple:

How to back up iPhone using iTunes

How to factory restore iPhone using iTunes

It may take 3-5 business days for the phone to be unlocked, depending on the device unlock backlog in our systems. But this is pretty much the whole process!

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Artu637,

I'm glad you asked that question!

Thank you @raphaelulz for providing this great information! This info should help explain our device unlock requirements and the unlocking process for @Artu637 iPhone once his request has been approved. 

I wanted to point out that the free Mexico Roaming Bonus is available for AT&T Unlimited, Mobile Share, and Mobile Share Value plans. This wonderful add-on includes unlimited talk (within Mexico and from Mexico to the U.S.), unlimited texting, and 1GB of data for use while roaming in Mexico.

Thank you for your valuable contribution to our community. enjoy your day!

~Tim J AT&T Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.