The new iPhone 15
Juanb_962's profile

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 4:36 AM

Unlock request denied

Hello, recently I bought an old iphone (Iphone 4) from Goodwill in Ebay. Everything looked good, however the phone is tied with at&t. I contacted apple, but they told me that I need to contact at&t for help.

When I submitted an unlock request, they first sent me an email for conformation and then the email after said that there isn't enough information. After that, it told me that the status was denied. 

Is there anyway that you can help me unlock my phone?

Accepted Solution

• 

146 Messages

3 months ago

You're barking up the wrong tree on this one. iPhone 4 doesn't support VoLTE on any network anymore so there's not much point in unlocking it anymore.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

3 months ago

Possibly WiFi and an iPod is about all you can do with that phone.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

3 months ago

AT&T won’t even unlock an iPhone 4, or any phone not compatible with the current network.

4 Messages

3 months ago

Yes i know, but I want it unlocked so I can use it in mexico, overthere they still suppoet 3g servers.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 months ago

Unfortunately you're too late. Even if AT&T could approve the unlock, the final process goes through Apple servers. Apple doesn't support that phone anymore.  

AT&T is not going to help you unlock an old phone when you are not the original owner. If you were the original owner they would take the extra step of verifying eligibility and approving the unlock. Still wouldn't do you any good because Apple cannot process the unlock for you

So again you bought yourself a nice little iPod

(edited)

4 Messages

3 months ago

They unlocked my phone! Idk how, but it is finally unlocked. It is weird because I first contacted one of their workers and then they sent me to a rep, and he instantly unlocked my phone.

4 Messages

3 months ago

Is there any way I can dm AT&T? I want to see if they can verify the phone number of the rep because when I researched the number on google, the number is not there

ACE - Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

3 months ago

No.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 months ago

🤣

Sure they did 

Like I said, they can approve it.  iPhone 4 doesn't instantly unlock with att approval.   Apple has to finalize it.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.