For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
J

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 9:22 PM

Unlock my phone

I upgraded my phone in October 2020 with postpaid service. I paid off my phone and switch it to prepaid on March 2021. How do i get it unlock? 

1) I tried to request online, but it said my information is incorrect. But I am guarantee my phone number and my name is correct.

2) I went out to the store, they said my phone will be automatically unlock when i pay off my phone, which is wrong. I trusted and went oversea and my phone did not work. This lie is affecting a lot to my job that I have to be on my phone everyday.

3) I called customer service, and I hate to call ATT because it seems like nobody is useful.

VERY FRUSTRATED.

Please contact me, I need this problem to be resulted.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T has never automatically unlocked any phone. Being eligible is not the same thing as being unlocked. Once your phone is paid off it should be eligible, but there's something wrong if it's telling you the information is not correct. I would recommend calling and asking for advanced tech support. They will want the IMEI and your phone number and check out the history on the phone manually in order to determine you are eligible to unlock the phone.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for your advise.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

This forum is not customer support. No one is going to contact you from your post here. Unfortunately, by switching to prepaid, you have imposed the requirement for 6 months of prepaid service to unlock. You should have gotten the phone unlocked before switching to prepaid. Suggest you file an FCC complaint. That will get you a response from corporate and they may allow the unlock. Be prepared to prove when the phone was paid off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.