The new iPhone 15
lyzzamanika's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, July 17th, 2023 7:59 AM

Unlock iphone

Hello,

I have an iphone that was bought here in the US, and my mom gave it to me when I was still in the Philippines. It was locked that time so I payed someone to unlock it to the carrier I had in the Philippines.

When I got here in the US last 2021, I removed my sim card so that I can use it here in the US. However, the guy told me it was reported stolen even though I didn’t do anything (blacklisted?). And now, I can’t unlock it. I visited a phone repair yesterday and asked the same thing but he said it’s never going to be unlocked again and one thing he told me was to contact the carrier. It was AT&T. I am hoping you can help me.

I can send you the details of my phone whenever you like.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

9 months ago

You’re not the original owner, so who knows the complete history of the phone before you got it?  Not sure how it was working in the Philippines, unless the Philippines carriers don’t adhere to the blacklist, but a blacklisted phone won’t be unlocked or be usable on any US carrier.  Only the person who asked that the phone be blacklisted can remove it from the blacklist.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 months ago

Moving to wireless

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I read online that it can be removed from being reported as stolen or blacklisted only if the carrier from the US remove it, which was AT&T. And yes, Im not the original owner because my mom bought it from her friend. It was working fine in the Philippines and I used the sim cards there.

• 

4 Messages

9 months ago

I really am just trying my luck because I can’t afford to buy a new phone right now. I have a samsung phone, and I use it for data. I have my phone number there, but it can be sometimes difficult as I don’t have full access to it everytime because I’m more on using this phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.