Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
K

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Dec 11, 2020 8:23 AM

Unlock iPhone XR

hi

I bought a brand new box packed iPhone XR from Abudhabi last year(2019). Since then it was brought to India and I have been using it with Vodafone in India. 
last week I decided to upgrade my Vodafone SIM card and my phone got locked suddenly when I inserted new Vodafone 4G sim.

I try and insert any SIM card it says SIM NOT VALID.
This is shocking as it has happened for the first time in past one and a half year. 

I found out on internet (using my IMEI ID) that my phone’s career was AT&T US and can be unlocked by them. 
Can someone please help here ?

Regards 

kunal

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

6.7K Messages

2年前

You’ll have to use the online unlocking portal.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

Since you bought the phone from a third party and aren’t a US customer, it’s unlikely calling customer service would be of much help.

• 

5 Messages

2年前

I would appreciate if someone can share customer support number which i can call from India ? As I don’t have any ATT SIM card here.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

2年前

The only way this happens is if the phone was hacked to remove the US Flex activation policy. A recent update must have remove that hack.  You may be stuck, as AT&T won't help you if the phone wasn't a legit sale (aka, stolen or fraud) 

• 

5 Messages

2年前

@lizdance40 thanks for your response on this query .

I am not really understanding when you say ‘legit sale’. I have the purchase invoice of the phone and also as mentioned box was packed when I received it. 
however I would greatly appreciate if you could advise what could be the next steps I can take to resolve this issue ? As I am really stuck with this now. 
Also this phone is working for US SIM cards like I tried with T mobile sim and it’s working fine however I want to use it for Indian career. 
please help or advise .

thanks and regards 

Kunal

• 

5 Messages

2年前

@dwill05 thank you for responding . I tried following the link mentioned in your comment however it doesn’t let me proceed after entering IMEI number and page gets refreshed.

Also in all my discussions with Apple support and Vodafone support. They are saying since it’s a career lock you would need support from the primary career and hence I posted here in this forum with the hope that I might get solution. Could you please help or advise, Is there anything else I can try from my end ? 

Kind regards 

Kunal

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

2年前

Also this phone is working for US SIM cards like I tried with T mobile sim and it’s working fine however I want to use it for Indian career.

If the phone works with a T-Mobile SIM card, it is not locked to ATT. If the phone is locked, it’s locked to T-Mobile. Just FYI, it’s not “career”, it’s “carrier”.

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

6.7K Messages

2年前

If the phone works with a US T-Mobile SIM, then it can’t be locked to AT&T.  Phones that are locked to AT&T will only work on AT&T, and not on any other carrier, US or not.  How do you know for sure that the phone is locked to AT&T?

It’s sounding like the phone was somehow hacked to work, and putting in a new SIM, or something like a software update, messed up the hack.

• 

5 Messages

2年前

@dwill05 i tried checking via one of the website in a forum which mentioned the status of my phone as sim locked and carrier mentioned there was AT&T.(this info was pulled based on my IMEI number) 
To check if it’s accepting any other sim from US I tried inserting a friend’s SIM card from T mobile few hours ago, it went to the activation page and started showing appropriate network. 
however it still says “sim locked” in Settings >general > about > network provider lock> 

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.