Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Sep 2, 2018 6:04 PM

unlock Iphone X/ not fully paid

Hello, I have borough an used Iphone X but it is not fully paid so ATT has blocked it. 

I want to do request for an installment plan but I don't ave a costumer account. I am wondering how can I unlock te phone? 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

2 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:

AT&T won’t let you pay off someone else’s phone.  

Not quite true. ATT does not care who pays off the phone but in order to do that you would need the account information which ATT won’t provide.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
dwill05

Master

• 

3.7K Messages

2 years ago

Not sure what you mean by the phone being “blocked”.  If the phone was reported stolen, then it was blacklisted and is unusable and only the person who reported it stolen can remove it from the blacklist.  If the phone is simply locked to AT&T and you want to use it with another carrier, then it just needs to be unlocked.  If the phone has money owed on it, only the account holder can pay the phone off to allow it to be unlocked.  AT&T won’t let you pay off someone else’s phone.  Best bet is to return the phone and get your money back.