Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The new iPhone 14
noroinha's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 1:06 PM

Unlock iPhone (sim lock)

Hello!

Im trying to use a new sim card from a different (german) carrier but its not working, my iPhone says its an illegal card that needs to get unlocked from my provider. I guess this is because of the sim lock through at&t (GoPhone?).

I tried to get my phone unlocked through the at&t unlock device-portal but after I have submitted my informations it didn't work either because it said that the phone is still active on "another at&t account". Currently I am on a GoPhone plan that ends in 4 days. Does this stop me from unlocking the phone? Would I be able to start the unlocking process when this has ended? And can I cancel my go phone plan right now?

Would be thankful for any kind of help!!

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

6 years ago

Was the phone refurbished or used?

Did you unlock as a non customer?  Or with your Gophone account information?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Its a new iPhone 7 that I bought last year without any contract..

(Before GoPhone I was on a 45$ monthly rate plan but then changed to GoPhone)

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

6 years ago

So you mean you changed Gophone rate plans, or were on a postpaid plan?   If you haven't changed you number with ATT and are still on the same Gophone plan, you should not get this message.  

Send a message through the forum for help here @ATTMobilityCare.  They can see your account and let you know why it won't unlock through the portal.

You probably will not get an instant reply

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.