The new iPhone 15
Titilianos's profile

2 Messages

Saturday, November 25th, 2023 3:56 PM

Unlock iPhone 12 Pro max

I bought an iPhone in Mexico, the equipment I want to unlock it to use it in Canada, which is where I am living and AT&T says that it does not recognize it to call me at the number 800.331.0500. But it's very complicated because the Spanish tape recorder asks me for a phone number or account, and the number I have is. From Mexico
what can I do? It’s very important unlock my device.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

18K Messages

3 months ago

ATT Mexico is not the same company as ATT USA, so you need to talk to ATT Mexico.

2 Messages

3 months ago

The cell phone is from att USA, that’s the problem

ACE - Expert

• 

31.8K Messages

3 months ago

You bought an iPhone in Mexico but it supposedly was from the United States and you want to use it in Canada instead? And this phone was purchased originally new about June 2023?

If the phone number is from Mexico than a brand new phone shouldn't be from the United States. Something isn't quite adding up about the phone or the status of it.

ACE - Master

• 

9.9K Messages

3 months ago

Where in Mexico did you buy it?  US AT&T doesn’t sell US phones in Mexico, so the question is how it got to Mexico for you to buy it.  Did you buy it from an AT&T Mexico store, or somewhere else?  Was the phone completely new in a sealed box?

if the unlocking portal doesn’t recognize the IMEI, that suggests that the phone was never activated or used with AT&T, so the unlocking portal won’t work.  You’d have to call AT&T and try to get them to manually research the IMEI and see if it’s unlock eligible.  However, if the IMEI isn’t in the database, and it’s a three year old iPhone 12 bought only 4 months ago in a country where locked U.S. iPhones aren’t sold, I’d be surprised if it’s unlock eligible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.