Cyber Monday Deals: Buy a Samsung Google S22 & get Free Galaxy Buds 2 - while supplies last!
The new iPhone 14
Sydneyvalle's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jan 19, 2018 3:24 AM

Unlock Help!

I had gotten a “free” Iphone 7 plus in my ex boyfriends account about a year ago because he met all the requirements for that promotion at the time.

When he and I broke up, I went to open my own Att account and bring that phone w me. I was told I had to purchase the phone as I was not able to bring over an installment plan.

I bought the phone in full and had no problems.

Now, since upgrading to an iphone x, i tried unlocking the 7 plus to gift to my mother.

When trying to unlock the IMEI, att device unlock site tells me that the device is not eligible to be unlocked until I pay off all installments on it.

I have clarified with Att that the phone “doesn’t have installments owed” and i have been told that on their end, the device is unlocked (after them manually unlocking it on their end)

i went through the itunes restore and received the congratulations message.

NOW when i try to bring this phone to any other network, they all tell me the phone is not unlocked. i have been assure at least 20 different times that att has no link to this problem and that the phone is unlocked.

ITS NOT UNLOCKED! i can go into the cellular options on the device itself and it will show me a link to “myATT account” that goes no where.

When i try to enable wifi calling on it so i can call to hear the balance owed, it tells me to contact Att.

SOMEONE HELP.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.