Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Muhendys's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 10:36 AM

Unlock for Att locked iphone

Hello, i have bought an att locked iphone 7 plus 5 years ago now i want to unlock it. can you help me  i could not fill a request form because of network error due to att website. The emei is (Edited as per community guidelines). Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

This forum is not customer support. The unlock portal is the only way to unlock. If you are outside of the US, that may explain the network error. A US based VPN might work or get someone you know in the US to submit for you. If you are in the US, try clearing browser cache and cookies or a different browser or a different device.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

3 years ago

The network error message means that your ISP is being blocked.  Try using a US based VPN to access the site.

Former Moderator

• 

260 Messages

3 years ago

Hello @Muhendys,

Please be mindful about sharing your personal details like, Phone number, email id, IMEI number, account number, last name, Credit/Debit card number, order number, Driver licence details, address. This is a public forum and your privacy is very important to us. As per AT&T Community Forum's guidelines http://sm.att.com/b9b8aa02 your personal details will be scrubbed. Have a great day!

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for your help. I achieved to submit a form and get a message like that : "Looks like you haven't paid off your device yet. Follow these steps to pay off your installment plan. Then, wait 48 hours before you submit a new request."

I dont know who had this phone first and do not know the phone number this belongs to. Do you have any opinion how can i solve this problem? I am in europe

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

3 years ago

There is no solution to the phone not being paid off, other than the person who owes on the phone deciding to pay it.  You can’t pay it because AT&T won’t tell you how much is owed due to account privacy, and AT&T won’t unlock the phone while it still has a balance due.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.