For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Calonzo37's profile

8 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2023 4:16 PM

Unlock Device

It seems like AT&T has a pattern of sometimes not unlocking their customer phones after they are paid off. My phone is paid off, my bank account shows the charge, plus I have the receipt. This feels like theft, because this device should be unlocked, but instead I am receiving a pop up that claims the phone is not paid off and something about a payment plan that I am not attached to. It has been well over a reasonable amount of time for this to be resolved, so if anyone can help that would be great. I am not an AT&T customer and unfortunately have been given a phone through the worst carrier. I have the phone's IMEI number and would like to get my device unlocked. Thank you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 months ago

This could have been avoided if you had paid off online in your relatives online account. The wrong phone would not have been paid off.  

8 Messages

8 months ago

Dude I think you are misreading the issue and it’s part of the problem. Anticipating an employee would pay off the wrong device at an att authorized retailer store shows negligence on their end not on the account holder. People who are not tech savvy and still need a phone should be able to get help from authorized stores. I’m still unable to unlock the device and honestly it seems intentional at this point. Does someone have any idea how to get ahold of someone at att who can unlock the phone using the IMEI number and not through the online site? I have the account and proof the device is paid off, but their request website does not reflect this. Every time I submit the request I hope it’ll go through successfully, but it doesn’t. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 months ago

You paid off supposedly, hopefully, the correct phone 2 days ago.  According to AT&t's unlock portal they ask you to wait 48 hours before requesting an unlock If you have paid off your device early.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

And again we can only hope that the correct phone was paid off this time because you went back to a store instead of getting online with your relatives account and looking up the correct installment on the correct phone, and paying it off online with a debit or credit card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.