Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The new iPhone 14
A

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 1:02 PM

Unlock Confirmation Expired

I submitted a request to unlock a phone but misread the email I got in return and did not click confirm when I got the email. Now the 24 hour confirmation email has expired.

• When I try to confirm the unlock request via the email it says that the link has expired and I should submit a new request.
  • When I try to submit a new request it says that there is already an unlock request in place for the IMEI code and I should check the status of the unlock.
  • When I check the status of the unlock it says it's pending because I haven't confirmed the unlock request.

I have spoken to at least 6 AT&T representatives regarding (I'm losing count) this issue and have not gotten anywhere. I submitted the request 4 business days ago. I don't have an account with AT&T (the phone was given to me) but I don't think it should matter. It's AT&T's job to unlock a phone after it's out of contract. PLEASE ADVISE.

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.3K Messages

2 y مضت

Have to wait it out and try later. The system is automated and phone reps can’t over ride the system 

• 

3 Messages

2 y مضت

Any idea how long? I was told the request expires in two business days but it’s past that. 

• 

1 Message

2 y مضت

I am in the same boat. The confirmation went to my spam folder and I missed it. How long are we waiting it out? I find no doc discussing this and it seems OP's 6 att reps didn't know either. Is it a secret? 

• 

6 Messages

1 عام مضت

Did it ever let you resubmit it?  I did this for a customer and she gave me the wrong email address. They need to say that a link is sent that you must click on right away to confirm and get the phone unlocked. The 24 hour thing is confusing! We tried again a few days later and had the same issue. Please let me know. Thank you!

(edited)

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

1 عام مضت

It’s not confusing at all.  You submit a request and they send a confirmation email to the address you give them, for which the included confirmation link is only good for 24 hours.  If you give them the wrong email address, that’s on you.  If the email gets trapped in a spam filter or blocked, that’s on your ISP.  I’ve never not gotten a confirmation email whenever I unlocked the phone.

• 

1 Message

1 عام مضت

Did you get the issue resolved? I am having the same problem and it's already been two months, and it still says that there is an unlock request pending.

• 

6 Messages

1 عام مضت

@badfait1 - no I never did. My customer gave up & baught a new phone.I don't understand why it doesn't offer another chance if it expires after 24 hours. Maybe check with your local AT&T store or ask AT&T customer service to submit a ticket to resolve /reset it. So frustrating. Please share here if you find a resolution. 

Need help?
The new iPhone 14
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.