Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Observer

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 11:25 PM

UNLOCK CODE

Hi! We are having a hard time unlocking our device which was fully paid more than 6 months ago. We are in dire need of it. The first attempt stated this:

The service on your mobile number hasn't been active for at least 60 days.

Device IMEI number: 3538160862xxxxx

Request number: CUL2227753xxxxx

Then the second attempt took longer than a week to get a result when our billing was due yesterday, thats when it send the result:

This was sent today at 2:34AM PST--

Looks like you have an unpaid or past due balance.

Device IMEI number: 3538160862xxxxx

Request number: CUL9646786xxxxx

Our bill was due yesterday and the request was sent January 10 @ at 1:17AM PST.

What is going on? Why can't we have freedom to use our phones when we have already paid for it in full?

Please help. Thank you!

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

1 month ago

This forum is not customer support. So pay your bill and try again or call or file an FCC complaint. Just FYI, iPhones don’t have unlock codes. There are unlocked via Apple activation servers.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Transponder

ACE - Scholar

• 

350 Messages

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier

Unlocking your iPhone means that you can use it with different carriers.

Your iPhone might be locked to your carrier. Unlocking your iPhone means that you can use it with different carriers. To contact your carrier and unlock your iPhone, use these steps.

If you don’t want to switch carriers and your device is locked because you forgot the passcode, then you don’t need to use the steps in this article. Learn how to reset your passcode.

Apple can't unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

Contact your carrier

See if your carrier offers unlocking. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.

Contact your carrier and request an unlock. Your account might need to meet requirements for unlocking. After you submit the request, it might take a few days to complete. To get your request's status, contact your carrier.

After your carrier confirms that they unlocked your iPhone, follow the steps below.

If you have a SIM card from a carrier other than your current carrier

Use these steps to finish unlocking your iPhone:

Remove your SIM card and insert the new one.

Set up your iPhone again.

If you don't have another SIM card to use

Use these steps to finish unlocking your iPhone:

Back up your iPhone.

After you make a backup, erase your iPhone.

Restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.

Get help

You might see this message on your computer or on your iPhone: "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store."

If you see this message, use these steps:

Restore your iPhone to factory settings.

Contact your carrier to make sure that they applied the unlock in their system.

Restore your iPhone from a backup.

Published Date: October 07, 2019

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

4 weeks ago

Hello,

Do you have a bundle (phone with tv or internet)? Sometimes past due balances can take a day or so to clear and hold up or prevent unlock. Visit www.att.com/deviceunlock after your bills paid and resubmit. If you don’t see it resolved in 24-48 hours, call customer care via 890-331-0500 and say “unlock” when prompted for reason for call to get a representative to assist in the process.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.