Cyber Monday: Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S22 with eligible trade-in & Free Galaxy Buds2 - while supplies last!
The new iPhone 14
N

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Aug 29, 2020 1:06 PM

Unlock blacklist

Good afternoon,
I recently bought an iphone on ebay, when I received it I went to your website to unlock it but I think it is on a blacklist .. Can you please help me unlock it so that I can use it in Portugal?
Thank you,
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

2 years ago

Sorry but ATT will not help you. Only whoever put the phone on the blacklist can remove it from the blacklist. ATT won’t unlock it but it would not matter if they did. A blacklisted phone won’t work on any carrier. Return the phone.

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Get your money back through eBay.  The phone is useless.

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

2 years ago

Does it actually say that the phone is blocked from network use or reported lost or stolen?

If that is not what it says that it is not blacklisted. Please post exactly what the message was when you tried to unlock the phone from AT&T. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

When I try,

"Looks like you haven't paid off your device yet. Follow these steps to pay off your installment plan. Then, wait 48 hours before you submit a new request."

But in site doctorunlock.net said taht the phone reported Lost/Stolen...

Thks,

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I can do everything on the phone, register the icloud account, downloads, etc ... Except using my carrier card.
That is, this phone is just an ipod ..   :|

ACE - Sage

• 

101.9K Messages

2 years ago

If the device was reported lost or stolen it would show when you tried to unlock the phone. I don't know what website that is but I would say it is incorrect. The phone cannot be unlocked from AT&T because it is not paid off. Contact the seller.

If the phone was advertised as unlocked or unlockable then it's false advertising. If it was advertised as locked to AT&T then it is not false advertising.

Either way, AT&T won't unlock and doesn't have to. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

2 years ago

Except using my carrier card.

What message do you get on the phone? Do you get a “sim not supported” message or “blocked from network use” message? The first means it’s locked to ATT, the second means it’s blacklisted. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.