Troubleshoot your device issues
mandiform's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 22, 2016 11:00 PM

Unlock approved but not working

I am at my wits end!  I live/work between Italy, France, UK and USA.  I smashed my iPhone5 screen so purchased a new iPhone6 from BestBuy, told them it must be unlocked.  I have no contract, I use AT&T Go Phone when in the USA and a local SIM in other countries (but I bought a phone outright with no contract).

I arrived in Italy, SIM not recognised. Requested unlock and was denied, called AT&T ($40 phone call....FYI) and was told OK we will unlock.  Received email to confirm they would unlock.  IMEI number showing on confirmation email was wrong and my phone would not unlock.

Called AT&T again (another $40 call) was told the IMEI has been updated and is now correct and my phone is unlocked.

My phone is still not unlocked.  I have factory reset, backed up, restored 5 times and at this point am in my 11th hour today (3 hrs yesterday) of trying to resolve this issue.

I can't get onto Online Chat (apparently that luxury is reserved for non GoPhone users), I cannot spend another $40 talking to someone that clearly has no idea what they are doing and at this point I am stuck in Italy with no maps, no translator and completely out of contact.

PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!!! or please tell me how to online chat or email

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

6年前

You can contact ATT by message through the forum. @ATTMobilityCare  and ask for help 

You might also contact Apple to find out if the phone is really unlocked.  

In the future, buy the Verizon version (or the sim free version)   It is unlocked out of the box as required by the FCC C block purchase no is full compatible with ATT and Gophone.  

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.