The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
What is happening with 3G?
DoWhat's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Feb 25, 2018 6:39 AM

Unauthorized use of my imei

I suspended a Galaxy 8 phone on my account because my boyfriend claimed it was stolen. I have reason to believe he’s still using it. Twice it was suspended and then immediately reactivated. My calls are being forwarded and do not disturb is put on. My IPhone has been PUK locked several times and friends and family complain that they can’t get ahold of me. Today I picked up my phone and could hear a faint conversation between two unknown to me people. could he have stolen my iMei number and is using it on the Galaxy to obtain cellular service?  If so, how can I find out?

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

4 y ago

No, he can’t.  An IMEI can’t be used on 2 phones.  If his phone is lost, was it also blacklisted?  

And you are describing something not possible with digital phones.  It was with analog, which is why they were terminated.  How would he have your Imei?  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

He has used my phone and the imei is right there in the settings. I suspended the phone twice and twice it was reactivated even though I reported it as stolen. The third time I called to complain they were perplexed and finally determined the changes were made by a robotic. I don’t understand how this can happen. I’m conflicted about filing a claim for this device because if he’s pulling some kind of insurance scam, I don’t want any part of it. You say that digital phones cannot be tampered with but a Google YouTube search tells otherwise. The Google Play Store has a few spyware apps. Also, I learned that an IOS device can be jailbroken for nefarious purposes in a matter of minutes. Also, I hired a digital forensics company to the tune of $2k and they verified 60+ hacking and/or compromised events on my iPhone. They discovered this by cloning all my Apple devices. So to say that Apple devices cannot be hacked is a fallacy. Yes, I’ve called the police but there is nothing they can do until I can prove that he’s stolen something tangible. I guess I have to wait until he cleans out my bank account. SMH. 

kelly_a

Scholar

• 

313 Messages

4 y ago

He sounds like quite a catch... I’m following the story, but still struggling to figure out why it’s ‘boyfriend’ rather than ‘ex-boyfriend’.  

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

4 y ago

Everything you describe requires physical access and can be wiped with a factory reset.  If your that paranoid, use insurance to replace YOUR phone.  

Suspension isn’t blacklisting.  It sounds like he has access to your ATT account, so of course he can take suspension off it.  

$2k for digital forensics?  A restraining order w/ sheriff to deliver is cheaper. And get him off your account.  

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.