The new iPhone 15
Z

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 19th, 2020 4:41 AM

Unable to unlock the iPhone XS Max after paying off

I’ve recently paid off my iPhone XS Max installments with At&t. The problem, however, my unlock request was denied by At&t system. I’ve tried to contact At&t office of president, but a lady there was definitely rude on unprofessional. She said that the IMEI I provided was invalid, and I have to contact Apple for the device unlock. I understand this was a replaced iPhone under apple warranty, and I sent her with my warranty working receipt, but she said it’s deemed invalid, and they have to receive a valid document from the Apple. Unsurprisingly, that lady couldn’t explain me what’s type of document can be defined as “Valid” at At&t.

The thing just ended up into a endless loop. Apple don’t have any responsibility to unlock the phone for me in any kinds. The At&t reprentative asking for supporting docs to proof my phone eligibility. The representative don’t consider the receipt from Apple with IMEIs clearly stated as a valid doc. I just don’t understand how could this stupid loop can be produced by At&t, and how can I get the right of phone using that I deserved.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40 wouldbt this just be a call for advanced tech support? But then again not sure what apple warranty would do as far as unwieldy.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Calling the Office of the President for something that is not in their wheelhouse does not surprise me you got a rude response. Kind of like me calling the president of Hertz because I don't like where they park my rental car.

When you receive a replacement phone under warranty the IMEI does not match the one that you purchased from AT&T. You have to call AT&T and speak with tech support and ask them to update the IMEI due to a warranty replacement. If you can manage to be really really nice on the phone, they may actually process the unlock for you while you are on the phone with tech support. Otherwise you can process through the portal.

(edited)

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

For this unique scenario (where phone was replaced in warranty with new IMEI, but original purchase was form an AT&T store) you can verify your request was submitted with correct number on account and has been 24-48 hours sinc pay off via www.att.com/deviceunlock. If you’ve done that already, try calling customer care via (Phone number hidden) and saying “unlock” when promoted for reason of call.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.