Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
whatever503206's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 3, 2019 9:09 PM

Unable to unlock phone

I am unable to unlock my iPhone 7 as I am not the primary account holder.

I am a dependent on a family plan that has been canceled as of December 28th. Originally, the error I got when I first attempted to unlock it was that my phone had not yet been paid off. I called the customer service line and paid the bill there. It has been multiple days and I am still getting the same error. Going to a store in person did not help, as I am not the primary account holder. The account no longer exists as our phone plan is now on T-Mobile.

Help.

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

5.8K Messages

3 y ago

Have you tried the unlock portal as a non- customer, or tried having the primary account holder request the unlock?

Going to the store won’t work since the request has to be done online.  The store people can’t do it.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

53.4K Messages

3 y ago

Now that the account has been closed, none of the phones that were on the account will be unlocked until the final bill is generated and settled. Even if the final bill is for $0, you need to wait until it is generated. If there are any charges due, you will have to wait until they are paid. You may have no option but to wait. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I wonder if that's true though? The primary account holder (my father) transferred service over to his phone already (his phone is much newer as well). It's kind of hard to contact him given that I HAVE NO CELL SERVICE...

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.