For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Mrdavenport's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 28th, 2014 12:57 AM

Two iPhone 6's stolen in 2 days from front porch! Want to avoid customer service nightmare

I ordered 2 iPhone 6's -- birthday presents for my 2 kids. Received email from ATT after ordering stating that the expected shipping date was between November 10 and 24. So when it was approaching the 24th I wasn't yet concerned that the phones had not arrived. Headed out of town, fully expecting that when I returned on Thanksgiving that a note would be waiting on my door about an attempted delivery(s). But, no. So I go online and see that Fedex claimed to have left the phones -- one on the 10th, and one on the 17th, "on my porch". I've had dozens of packages left on my porch, some for days, over the last few years and have never had a theft problem. So, in addition to doubting the sanity of the executives who deemed it prudent to leave $600 packages without signature required, I doubt the veracity of the Fedex driver's report about leaving the phones.

So I've seen the postings about the customer service nightmare experienced by people in similar situations and am hoping that an ATT person will read this and help me address the situation expediently.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

I feel bad for thefts. But apparently, and don't take this the wrong way, your bad habit of leaving packages on front porch for days, may have open the doors for thieves to rip you off. Like telling people don't care what packages arrived. Don't you have trusted neighbors, or leave packages at local FedEx or UPS office.Smiley Surprised

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

9 years ago

It isn't AT&Ts fault for the theft. When they send them again ask that a signature is required

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

9 years ago

It has become very common for

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

9 years ago

It has become very common for packages to be stolen around here this year. This is the first year I've heard it being so rampant.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe on future orders, you can have the packages shipped to your office especially if they are of value.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Can you tell me how long it has taken for you to get this resolved? I am in the exact same situation - the phone was delivered and stolen within hours of receipt on December 22. I filed a claim on the morning of December 23 and it was supposed to be resolved on December 24. It is December 31 and it is still not resolved. I keep contacting customer service and they tell me that this is "in process" but I have no date on a resolution. Very frustrated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.