Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
The new iPhone 14
Y

• 

3 Messages

Monday, August 9th, 2021 5:33 PM

Transfer number to esim?

Hello, I currently have a number with Consumer Cellular on an iPhone XR but they don't offer esim.

I am traveling a lot for work in Mexico so I wanted to esim a  number locally but they didn't have esim at the AT&T store I visited in Cozumel and I just bought an annual plan with a physical sim anyway and an inexpensive Android phone.  I'm planning to purchase a new iPhone and want to know if I can transfer my primary US number to an AT&T esim plan to go with my other ATT plan?   I know it won't be primary but switching numbers is much easier than carrying 2 phones.

ACE - Sage

• 

107.4K Messages

2 years ago

You do know your prepaid At&t plan 8 gigs or more works free in Mexico and Canada?  Postpaid unlimited does too.

Any phone you buy from at&t is locked to AT&T for at least 60 days to 6 months.  So you would not be able to use a foreign sim until unlocked.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Yes thanks but it is a plan purchased in Mexico.  I need to keep my original US number and want to move it to ATT also. All on one phone preferably.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Can you transfer an existing number with another carrier to an esim?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.