Troubleshoot your device issues
D

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jun 20, 2021 1:39 PM

Transfer apps to new phone

I have the new 12 Pro Max.  I've been able to transfer my info from my old phone to my new phone but the apps on my old phone, didn't transfer.  All of the info I see mentions transferring data, phone numbers etc. but they don't mention apps.  Do the apps transfer with the mobile transfer from ATT or not?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

1年前

I’m not sure if mobile transfer does apps or not, I suspect not but don’t use ATT’s mobile transfer app for iPhones. Just backup your old phone to iCloud or a computer with iTunes and use that backup to setup the new phone. That transfers all apps and data. In fact, you don’t even need to use a backup with iPhones anymore. You can transfer directly phone to phone, just elect that option when setting up the new phone.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1年前

Thanks for your answer.  I have tried both of your  options.  I've been able to transfer everything from my old phone but not the apps.  I will try again.  My problem could always be the nut behind the wheel 

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1年前

Depending on how old your previous iPhone is, you should be using iPhones transfer which only requires that the two phones be next to each other in order to process.  

You use your phones camera to scan the blue nebula, and the new phone does the rest. 

You should have been prompted to do this transfer as soon as you turned on your new phone, selected language, and asked if you are setting up from previous iPhone.

Otherwise you should be setting up your new phone manually from a previous backup you did to iCloud. Instructions here

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

1年前

@drashlene When you use the backup/restore method, only the app data transfers, not the actual apps. The apps must still be downloaded from the App Store but that should happen automatically. You will need to be on WiFi, though.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.