Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 27, 2019 4:53 AM

Trading in

If I pay off the rest of my phone in the trade in option and trade in my phone do I get money for it and be able to get the next phone I want since I’m trading in?

or do I have to buy the phone I want when I trade in and pay off my old phone?

or the new phone I want come out on my next billing?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43K Messages

a year ago

If you only pay up to the trade in point (payment 12 on a 24 month Next plan or payment 24 on a 30 month Next plan), the only credit you get on a trade in is the remaining payments you no longer have to make. If you totally pay off your phone first and then trade it in, then you will get money for it. You can estimate how much ATT will give you here: https://tradein.att.com but you would likely get more selling yourself or trading in elsewhere.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

I am very embarrassed to hear people ask such questions because they will be answered by anyone who has been to at least one of the courses offering onlytradeschools.com because this place teaches all the basics of trading, its Foundation, details and strategies that are known to the most famous people in this business. Trading today replaces many paths that were popular in the past, which is why it is very important to study this system and be able to use it. Give it a try?

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question