For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
gt17's profile

3 Messages

Friday, March 1st, 2024 8:33 PM

Trade-In Rebate

I have been trying to get my $1,000 trade-in rebate since October.  I have been told my old phone (iPhone 13 pro) has been received and has been located in the warehouse. (Tracking also supported this.) They also have verified that I was eligible to receive the $1,000 trade-in rebate. I have been continuously 

calling since October and am getting nowhere. Every time I am told that it will be reflected in the next billing cycle or two. I have been told twice that is was escalated to a manager, and I would just have to continue to wait. Two cases have been created and was told someone would reach out to me regarding the statuses of these cases. Still nothing. We have been AT&T mobility customers since the bag phones. (Yes, old, I know.) I am beyond frustrated. Is there any way this can be resolved?

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 months ago

File a BBB complaint or a notice of dispute.  The CS reps you talk to can’t just start issuing you credits, and telling you that come mysterious back office will investigate and get back to you is them just blowing you off.  You can keep playing around with CS, or just escalate it with the complaint and get an actual response in a couple of days.

63 Messages

2 months ago

Are you saying there are no monthly credits or are you expecting $1000 lump sum?

3 Messages

2 months ago

There have been no monthly credits. Only additional charges for the new phone. I am not expecting a lump sum. Just the monthly credits.

(edited)

3 Messages

1 month ago

Thanks to the suggestion from dwill05, I filed a Notice of Dispute. Within 2 hours, I received a friendly call and was told I would be receiving the promotional ($27.78/month) credit for the past 6 months as well as the monthly credits over the next 30 months (as the promotion stated.) Since then, I have received two follow-up calls. My bill for this month has been credited and am hopeful my bills will be credited monthly going forward!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.