The new iPhone 15
J

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 29th, 2020 7:42 PM

trade in

Hello same problem when i recived my iphone 12 i used the the same box and the return label to send in my old iphone for the $700 trade in hope art accepts that box  and trade in label have not recived any update from att or anywhere else on the update status on my trade in it has been over 2 weeks

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

3 years ago

What did AT&T say when you contacted them and let them know about sending the trade in the wrong box?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

they could not find it or locate it they told me to wait 2 more weeks i sent them back my old iphone 11/19/2020 still no update if they recived it

when i called them they asked me these questions for me to help them locate the iphone have this information ready if you call them about this problem good luck

invoice number :

IMEI of the old iphone you where sending back for the trade in

Item number of your traded in device

phone number included in your submission

and your email

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I sent in an iPhone 8 in perfect condition (previously confirmed by Apple for their trade-in program). Followed the rules for AT&T. Got my new iPhone 12 Pro; waited for the different trade-in packaging (not the one that came with the new phone, which was super confusing...); filled out the paperwork and sent it in so I could get my $700 credit (previously had confirmed that i had the correct unlimited program via ATT customer service). Then i waited.... soon i got an ATT gift card for $18. (Edited per community guidelines)? So I called ATT, and got the "wrong department shuffle", but finally got the number for the "trade-in department". I have had 3 calls with them; always starting around 100+ in the que. 1st time was "oh, you didn't check the box saying you wanted to trade it in, so we assumed you just wanted to recycle". After explaining that, no, that was not what i wanted, they said "we will fix this. you will get an email within 3 business days confirming your $700 credit". A week+ later; no email. Called again (#115 in the que). Then they said "please hold and I will get a manager on the line" - click. Disconnected. Next call (#103 in the que) i was told "the phone arrived with damages to the screen (scratched and dead pixels)" which is (Edited per community guidelines).  I protested and was told it would be escalated and I would get an email in 3 business days. That was last week.... So, what do I do now? Start a Twitter war? Complain to the FCC? Switch to Verizon? So frustrated. I have been with ATT for 20 years. They can just send my old phone back and I can sell it for more than $18.... Oh, and I would have just bought the iPhone from Apple. I hope the moderator is checking and will post something more helpful than "Call customer service". Ugggghhhhh 

(edited)

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

3 years ago

Your best bet is to file a BBB and/or FCC complaint.  Your old phone is gone, you won’t be getting it back.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

typical freaking ATT style. this happpend to me last time and this time. I have all the paper work and it says to send it back. THIS IS CRAP!!!

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

UPDATE: I gave up on calling the Trade-in company (1-877-244-9829) and just called AT&T billing. After an hour of discussion (not joking), I got a $350 bill credit. So, lesson learned....

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Oh man. I just did the same thing right before Christmas. So bummed out that the label in the box duped me in to thinking it was related to the trade-in.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I called at the att trade in number it has been over a month they still won't tell me if they ever got my trade in or i just sent my trade in for nothing  ATT i still don't see any credits showing up on my at bill

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I would give up on the Trade-in route. They are a separate company with their own agenda. Go for the "good will" option with AT&T billing. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I called the 877-244-9829 twice today. Waited about 40mins each time but I had some success. The 1st person was mostly clueless and could not tell me if they got any of the comments I posted on https://tradein.att.com/trade-in-status which to me seems very strange but maybe they are separate companies as the other people suggest. However they told me one very important thing. If I can get the IMEI number for my trade in I have a shot of recovering it. So, I called regular ATT support and got it. Then called the 877 number again and gave them the IMEI. The 2nd tech seemed more experienced and she said that this happens and that ATT warehouses use the IMEI to track missing items. So maybe I am not out 700.00 for misunderstanding the instructions after all. Worst case scenario is that it is truly lost and I maybe find a grey market phone to soften the 700.00 hit. RTFM FTW!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.