The new iPhone 15
J

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 2nd, 2020 7:59 AM

Trade in

This is my first time doing a trade in and I accidentally sent my trade in back in the wrong box/shipping label. I now know that the shipping label provided with my new device was to return the new phone if needed, not to return the trade in phone. Does anyone know what I should do now? 

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

3 years ago

From AT&T’s FAQ:

Replacement kits can be requested by visiting https://tradein.att.com/contact-us  If accidently used the new device return label instead of trade-in shipping kit this will also be where you can submit an escalation.

https://tradein.att.com/how-it-works

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

This is a miscommunication by AT&T that needs to be addressed.  I did the same thing, there were instructions in the box that said to do so!  You have to call 877-244-9829 to escalate a case.  I didn’t know tracking or the IMEI.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm giving this a try. Hoping it will work..

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@andjela81  the instructions with a box for your new phone should have been to either return the new phone because you decided you did not want it, or to return an early upgrade device in order to be relieved of the remaining installments and would have referred to "Next trade in return".

Neither of those would be a promotional trade-in offer return label.

AT&T has very poorly managed this promotion and the communication two customers has been terrible.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

"AT&T has very poorly managed this promotion and the communication to customers has been terrible."

This^

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Yes I did the same thing , need help getting my trade in value , applied to my phone bill. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

did a trade in deal back in August.  I got in customer service chat and asked a supervisor to send me the trade in shipping label.  She told me to use the shipping label that came with it.  I told her that is for returning the phone not trade in.  She argued with me and told me to use it.  Here I am 11 months later dealing with a headache because I did.  They had to track the phone down in a warehouse in Houston.  They sent it to the trad in department .  I still wasn't receiving credit for it months later.  I call and they say the trade in department has it but you have to wait 3 billing cycles from the time thwy got the phone.  I waited even longer,  still no credits.  Then they claim months later they don't have the phone and the tracking number doesn't show any record of shipping.  We'll duh because after so long they expire!  My guess is they already so resold the phone by now.  I'm tired of it so I called and reported the imei number as stolen to have it blacklisted.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.