Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
knguyen702's profile

1 Message

Monday, May 13th, 2024 6:15 AM

Took my iPhone (That I am the original purchaser) to Apple for a repair and they said AT&T reported my phone as stolen (it wasn't)

My phone was never stolen or reported as stolen. CheckMEND says that ATT Mobility US flagged my device as lost or stolen but I am the original purchaser and I've never reported anything. 

When I call AT&T or go into the store they look in my account and it is active and has no locks or blacklists.

The people on checkmend say I need to have AT&T clear it up but they have no record of this. I'm unsure what I need to do please help me get this fixed so I can get my screen fixed before my applecare expires. When I call customer support they have no idea what I'm talking about and there is no direct email I can send them to help me.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

1 month ago

So AT&T says there are no locks and there is no blacklist, but Apple claims there is? 

And up until you took it for repair it works just fine? I would say that whoever told you that your phone is blacklisted is lost or stolen probably entered your IMEI in correctly and doesn't know what the heck they're talking about 

You'll have to contact AT&T directly and this is not how you do that. This is a customer populated forum. The only message you will get from AT&T here is to contact them through the contact us link which you will find at the bottom of this webpage 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

1 month ago

By the way you can run your own check on the IMEI, or both IMEIs and see if they turn up as blacklisted anywhere else. I suspect this is an error on Apple's part and then your phone was never listed as lost or stolen. 

Swappa has a blacklist check. 

And of course you can call AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.