Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Ncdim2000's profile

2 Messages

Monday, December 25th, 2023 10:07 PM

They lost my phone

My wife had a problem with her iPhone so she took it to an Att store in Northeast MD where the employee told

here she needed a new phone, so he said she could trade it in and sold her a new phone. He told her to hang on to the old one to make sure she recovered all of the data from it. When she returned to the same store the manager told her he would not take it on trade. I contacted support and they apologized for the way we were treated and sent me a return label and she would take care of it. Now nobody knows where my phone is. After 1 1/2 hours on the phone they tell me they never received it. Now I’m paying monthly for a phone I never wanted and if I don’t they will cut off my service!!!!!!? They have the phone🤬

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.7K Messages

5 months ago

That screenshot proves that it was returned.  If you sent it in using their label, and have verification that the post office got it, you’ve done your part.  If it never got to the recycler, that’s AT&T’s problem, not yours.  File a BBB complaint to get it escalated to upper management and provide that information.

What’s the issue with your new phone?  Do you have it and is it working?  Of course you have to pay for it, because you bought a new phone, and if you don’t pay for it, they will suspend your service.  If you’re expecting credits for the trade, resolving the issue with your trade should fix that.  Make sure to mention you’re expecting the credits when you make the complaint.

2 Messages

5 months ago

Well, that worked, now the assistant to the president of AT&T is calling me, why do we have to get nasty to get results? Waiting on a callback now to see what they’re gonna do. Still not happy with the customer service at all, and never will be with them. I have spent hours on this it’s been five months. I have better things to do with my time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.