Troubleshoot your device issues
Alf_A_Lot's profile

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Jun 7, 2020 6:40 AM

that number is out of service now

Having an odd issue, so for starters, my phone number is active and working. I can make and receive calls. BUT, if I miss a call and it goes to voicemail, instead of my voicemail greeting or the default greeting, callers get an out of service message. It starts with a very robotic voice saying "(Edited per community guidelines) this number is out of service now" (numbers may not be exact, robotic voice is hard to understand, 5s could be 9s or vice versa) and then that is followed by musical chimes and the more familiar out of service message "this number is not a working number, please check the number and dial again."

Like I say, I can call out, I can text, when people call me my phone rings and I can answer. So my number is active and technically working, I verified that I have no balance owed or due and my account is still active, I have also tried changing my voicemail to the default greeting and deleting my old greeting and re-recording a new one, but nothing resolves and callers get the above noted out of service messages. No clue what else to do here.

• 

194 Messages

2年前

The APN settings on your phone are incorrect.

AT&T should be able to help you fix that if you call them.

Need help?
The new iPhone 13
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.