Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Mar 22, 2017 2:59 PM

Texting without data

My daughter uses way too much data so I have to turn it off a lot.  I have told her to be using wifi, but it still uses her data as well.  Anyway, when I turn off her data she can't send text messages.  Aren't text messages along the same line as phone calls.  Why can't she text when data is off?

Forgot to say she has an Iphone 6.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.7K Messages

3 years ago

iMessage uses data.  If she has messages sent and received from imessage and her Apple ID only, they will not send with will data if turned off.

If she changes settings to show messages as send and receive from her phone number they will go fine.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you!  I will definitely check on that this evening.  I appreciate your help.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…