For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
wolverine1987's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 1:46 PM

Terrible call quality

I have been having problems with voice calls since upgrading to iPhone 6 plus. Except for calls to other iPhone users, calls have static, I can't hear the caller on the other end or they can't hear me, the sound breaks up, or the person on the other end sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher. I took my phone into Apple assuming my phone was defective and it turned out to be a problem with LTE. The tech set my phone to LTE with data only which solved the connection problem but the calls sound muffled now. Is ATT EVER going to resolve the incapatibility with LTE or is this just going to be how it is from now on since this has been happening for years?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @wolverine1987

I’d be happy to help with this call quality issue! This is certainly not the kind of call experience you should expect. It’s strange that this is occurring on all calls other than those who are also iPhone users. Please try heading to Settings>General>Reset and choose Reset Network Settings. (This will also cause saved WiFi passwords to be erased. Ensure you re-connect when possible) This will refresh the connection to our network and ensure your device is using the correct network settings.

I hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm located in Bellevue, WA area 98004 and I use iphone 6. I experience static during calls using Apple ear buds, Bluetooth and handset static starts around 4 minutes into the call and continues until I reboot the phone. I've swapped the phone twice and gotten two new SIM cards. What could the problem be? 

Thanks

Charles

[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Did the Network Reset twice with each of my new AT&T/iPhone 8's and no improvement. Also, setting LTE to data only was just a bit improved, but callers still complaining. First phone returned to Apple a week ago, replace phone in use for only a couple of days. Whether this is an Apple hardware or AT&T network problem (or both), needs to be fixed immediately. Too many complaints across Internet forums across the nation for this to be an isolated issue. I have been an iPhone owner through AT&T since my iPhone 4, but will go look at other hardware and provider services if not resolved within this week (while phone is still under return warranty).

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

So, what ever happned with this? Did you get it FIXED? What was it???

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.