The new iPhone 15
cdjohnson01's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 11th, 2019 4:01 PM

“temporary PIN number” from AT&T

I just received a temporary PIN number from AT&T out of the blue while at home doing nothing with my account or phone. Why or what is going on here?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

THIS IS THE SOLUTION!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I figured out that’s it’s legit. It’s coming from my AT&T Mobile Security app. Every time I upgrade the operating system on my phone the app automatically sends a temporary pin to activate the security app. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, it is legit. I’ve stopped receiving the texts once I confirmed the pin on the app.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

And what is “This”?  I am confused 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for clearing this up. It has been bugging me for a week. I called AT&T and the rep had no idea what it was. I went to the security app and asked for a pin and sure enough it send one.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same problem for the past 2 or 3 weeks at all hours of the day and night. I called At&t and it was like talking into a black hole. They had no clue what I was even talking about. They just said to block the number. Well duh, if I block the number I won’t receive the texts from At&t. So, I just let the annoying lowlifes send the texts. At&t said to forward texts to them. I did, then it asks for the phone number. I give that number and it states it’s not a phone number. So, there again. I’m stuck getting texts at 1:30, 4:30am etc. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I was having this issue. It turns out the AT&T Call Protect app was sending out these temporary PIN numbers after an iPhone update. The next time you get a temporary pin go to the call protect app. This stopped them from coming. BTW, I called AT&T and they had no clue

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the info!!
Is there something I need to click off in that app?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

I opened the app and it was waiting for the most recent passcode that was sent. Haven't received one since

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you! I opened the app and requested a pin. We’ll see how it goes!! Hope it works!! Thanks again!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.