Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 11:18 PM

Switching without losing contacts

I have unlock codes and new spectrum SIM cards; but i am afraid if i just take out att sim and put in spectrum sim' i will lose my contacts, calendar data etc. is that true?

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

2 months ago

Contacts are saved on the phone, not on the sim card.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

2 months ago

You posted in the Apple forum so presume you are talking about an iPhone. Your contacts and calendar are on your phone and likely backed up to iCloud. Changing SIM cards won’t lose anything. Also, iPhones don’t have unlock codes.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

You can save contacts to the phone, memory card (if available), cloud service or in some old cases, the SIM card. It won’t lost anything by swapping them. If by some odd chance there was a contact integration sim, you can resinsert it into phone, go to “contacts, settings, import sim contacts” to put them onto phone.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.