Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
machineops's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 17, 2015 11:57 PM

switching carrier phones

I am using a android phone on Att network and my daughter has a verizon iPhone 5 but I'm switching her over to Att next month to a new iPhone 6. I'm not really happy with the android I have and want to go back to an iPhone but I'm under contract! 😞
I guest my question is can I take my Att sim card out of my android phone and put it in my daughters verizon iPhone 5 when she switches over? and would that work at all?

Responses

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 y ago

@machineops wrote:
I am using a android phone on Att network and my daughter has a verizon iPhone 5 but I'm switching her over to Att next month to a new iPhone 6. I'm not really happy with the android I have and want to go back to an iPhone but I'm under contract! 😞
I guest my question is can I take my Att sim card out of my android phone and put it in my daughters verizon iPhone 5 when she switches over? and would that work at all?

Your daughter has to get her iPhone 5 "unlocked" from Verizon before you can use it on AT&T. Also, LTE probraly will not work because Verizon and AT&T LTE bands are different. I do not know all "technical mumbo jumbo" to explain right. As for SIM cards, iPhone 5 uses NANO SIM cards, you can get NANO SIM for free at AT&T Corperate Store.Smiley Wink

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question