Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Sep 5, 2018 3:52 PM

Swap Phones

My husband has an iPhone X .  He would like to swap with my daughter's (Samsung G-7).  My question is how to keep their individual phone #'s and also how to "re-set" his iPhone X for her usage and the Samsung G-7 for his.  We are all on the same ATT Plan.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a year ago

Swap the SIM cards, they contain the number and service.

The iPhone user should back up everything to Google as the phones do not have the same applications. 

Then both factory reset.  This erases everything!

iPhone. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

Android:   Open settings, type reset in the search bar.  Select factory reset.

Swap SIM cards, and restore from backup from Google 

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a year ago

She should back up to google photo, which may take overnight.  She won’t have Samsung cloud access on iPhone. 

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ulak34

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

a year ago

You can swap it after you Erase it. That way when you're setting it up, you'll be setting it up with the appropriate/desired number already on the phone. I would also recommend Calling Tech Support when you switch the Sim's so they can update your IMEI's as well 🙂

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Thank you so much for this great information.  I know my husband really doesn't have pictures, etc. on his phone, but my daughter will have many things I'm sure she doesn't want to lose.  How can she "transfer" these to the iPhone X from her Samsung?

Ulak34

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

a year ago

When the Iphone is completely erased you'll see an "Apps & Data" screen that will let you select "Move from Android" using the "Move to IOS" app in the Play store. Hope this helps! Also if the Iphone is Backed up to Icloud, you can use Smart Switch to get his info from the Iphone to the Samsung!

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Ulak34

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

a year ago

You're completely right, that is an option. Personally, I would first make sure the Iphone is backed up to Icloud or Itunes. If it's in the cloud you can restore through the Smart Switch App, and if it's in Itunes you could use the Smart Switch PC App (A few extra steps though, so I can see how Google Photos/Contacts would be easier) Then once the Iphone is backed up, FDR it and Use Move to IOS to Transfer the info from the Samsung to the Iphone. Once all the info is Transferred and can be verified; I would FDR the Samsung, set it up as new, then use Smart Switch to restore the backup through Itunes or Icloud. Just my advice 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Hi,

TBH this iPhone was used by my husband, no pictures, very little usage, I could reinstall the few apps he has, and very few contacts. I’m wondering if I even need to back it up at all.
Thanks, abusybeelife
Ulak34

Associated Member

• 

158 Messages

a year ago

Just depends on what you want. As Liz Stated, Google is a Great option because Google will work on both. If you're more worried about Samsung to Iphone, Use the Move to IOS App once you Erase the Iphone! Best of luck, Let us know if you need any help :)! Before I forget, @abusybeelife, make sure you call in to Tech Support so they can Update the IMEI's on your account as well. Cheers!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

a year ago

Do I swap the sim cards before or after I reset the iPhone to factory
settings?