Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
cacostaj's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 20, 2015 11:25 PM

Stolen Iphone 6 left at front door

Hi. I recently upgraded to an Iphone 6 which was "delivered" via FedEx (no signature required??) and was left at my front door. I tracked the package and hurried home from work several hours later to find the package gone, stolen basically. I called AT&T immediately and reported it. I was told by a rep that the phone would be put on a block list and that I would be contacted by a special department the next day. I haven't received a call and was wondering how long these cases take to get resolved. I am currently without a phone since my phone is broken, hence the upgrade. Any help/info on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.6K Messages

6 y ago

Some notes on the past experiences of others in your position.

If it turns up, (one person found it, hidden, so it would get stolen, duh) don't try to use it, the darn block is forever, just return to store.
Getting upgrade status reversed is equally a pain.
I have no idea how long it will take, this is a pain in the neck to reverse the mess. You might want to dig up a cheap replacement, old phone until it gets straightened out. So sorry I can't be more encouraging.

I am baffled why they would not require a signature. The last three phones shipped to me had to be signed for by an adult. I had to pick up one at the local fedex depot because they could not leave it.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

Thanks for the response. I figured as much. I am not confident this will be resolved in a timely manner. Also cannot understand how they would just leave a $700 item at your front door and not give you the option to customize your delivery to be held at a FedEx location for p/u. Extremely irresponsible by both parties involved. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hey there @cacostaj

I’m sorry to hear your new device was stolen! With delivery to residential areas, it is the driver’s discretion with regards to leaving a package by your door. They do have the option to not leave the package there should they feel it would be easily stolen. I’d like to take this opportunity to help resolve this for you as quickly as possible. Please send me a Private Message with the following information so we can come to a solution together:

• Cell and/or account number
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • Date ordered
  • Date delivered

If this helps, please mark this answer as an accepted solution!

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Get started...

Ask a new question