Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
The new iPhone 14
Nmartinez09's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, September 13th, 2015 12:25 AM

Still have a year left on my next plan BUT want new iPhone 6sPlus

I need help making a decision...

My husband and I purchased our iPhone 6 pluses last Dec./Jan. Our next upgrade isn't until June since we did the next 18 (we should have done the 12...) Anyways what I would like to do is get two NEW 6s pluses through Apples program so I'm guaranteed a new phone every year. Could I theoretically keep paying for our AT&T NEXT 6 Pluses since I can't cancel my next and I don't want to pay it off so my son can use them as an iPod and just keep them after I have paid my 24 installments and use the new iPhones BOUGHT with APPLES new financing with our current phone/data plans?

Yes, I know I will be paying double for a year since I owe still on those 2 iPhone 6 and will now owe Apple for the two new iPhone 6s but will this affect my mobile share plan at all?

I have our phones already reserved to pick-up at store but want to use the time between now and the 25th to make sure I won't be charged some hidden fee somewhere or if I'm required to activate a new line for the two new phones...

I hope I'm not too confusing!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

7 years ago

Apple's own financing/lease is a puzzle to me, but if they are financing direct, you won't have any additional from ATT, it would be like BYOD, no fees, just move your SIM card over.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

7 years ago

Please login to your online account.  Is shows how much is left on your payments and when you can upgrade with trade in. 

You would do best to pay off your Next plan, keep your  phone or sell it after you get the new one.  (Any damage to your current phone will prevent trade in.)

you will not be allowed to have 2 Next payment  plans at once.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I know I can't have 2 NEXT plans but this wouldn't be through AT&T I was hoping to buy/lease the phones with Apple's new option in store paying them directly for the phone or did I misunderstand their keynote when they said they had a new plan available only for in store purchases to be able to upgrade each year...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I just want to know if I can purchase 2 new phones with Apples new financing and switch my two current lines to those new phones without getting charged some crazy fee... I don't want to trade in my current phones since I will continue to pay for it since I want it for my son (he's only 8 so instead of buying a mini iPad he has the 6Plus) but without any cellular or data service on them.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

That's what I'm 'HOPING'!! Lol thanks for you time and help 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

My wife and I have 6 total Next purchase plans with AT&T between two iPhone 6 pluses, two iPads and the new iPhone 6s Pluses that we just got. Talk to your AT&T store representatives and I'm sure they can do the same for you. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

7 years ago

@Nmartinez09

You have a couple options.

If you have one line and want to have a second phone, using Apples financing is an option for you.

If you just want to upgrade and turn in your current phone in trade, you can pay it off and sell it, pay up to the upgrade point and trade it in (it must be in excellent working condition)   

The Apple option includes apple care in the price and automatically puts you in line for the next phone. 

Since you want to keep the phones, you have to continue paying the Next installments and you will have payments to Apple as well

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Lucky you all i want is a IPhone 6s plus that is what i really want!!!Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.