The new iPhone 15
StarrStarr's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 6:04 AM

Is this text from AT&T Free Message a spam text?

I received a text from 746-118-88. The msg is below. 

AT&T Free Message: Your temporary PIN is (I erased the PIN)

This is spam right? How do I stop receiving these texts?

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

My wife and I have been getting these as well, and discovered it's from the AT&T mobile security app. It was prompting for a pin. We have never had this happen before. And after requesting a pin directly from the app, the pin provided still did not work so we deleted the app. That's where I believe the messages are coming from. I don't see any benefit from the app anyway. Never solved any telemarketer issues. All it ever did was notify us of new software releases for the phone. 

I had called AT&T about these because we had someone in Texas at a Best Buy hack our account and upgrade all of our phones, even while i was online with their fraud dept. telling them we were being hacked. So it seemed like a similar attack. She told me these messages were fraudulent. Even they don't know what's going on and they have no security to stop an attack. But that's another story. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

You are correct. I never open this app but it is asking for a pin and none work. I just deleted it so fingers crossed!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Me too.  Several times to date 05-22-2019.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Deleting the security app from ATT has so far fixed it. 24 hours and no text messages so far.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thank YOU!!! As I have been getting message over and over again...with <#> AT&T Free Message with a pin number and no explanation. Ending with IOpMWSeQxt the last message. They all have started the same and ending with jumbled letters as above. Looking suspicious. Sent a copy as Spam and I was messaged to send STOP as the number was a code short cut number. Odd that many posts I have read that AT&T reps are clueless as to how to help. Glad to know its the AT&T Mobile Security App. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I too had a dozen or so texts from one number all within a minute. I called AT&T to have texts blocked since I never use them. When I called the number from which the texts came, the man was irked that I called him since he wasn't texting anyone at 3 in the morning.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Wow. I’m not alone. The texts I receive also end in IOpMWSEeQxt. I’m up to 12 of them now.

ATT PLEASE HELP!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

If you have the att web security app delete that. That’s what was causing it for me and problem solved since I deleted it.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Open up the at&t mobile security app and request a pin. I did and the same text number showed up with the pin for it. Once I used the pin, the app wanted me to agree to terms. I suspect the latest app update is the cause but at&t isn’t leaving it up to you to open the app to discover you need a pin sent but the text fails to let you know what it is for.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Ok. I’ll try that. Thank you!

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.