Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Shawver83's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Nov 16, 2014 10:13 PM

Sim not provisioned all of sudden...

I've had my iPhone 4S for almost three years now, so it's not a new device. I haven't had any problems with it, it was working perfectly yesterday, then this afternoon I noticed that I have no service. I went into my general settings and checked my carrier, and I get a notice saying 'sim not provisioned.'  I understand this can happen with a new device just set up, but mine is definitely not new and I've been using it with no problems until a few hours ago. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Responses

keith721

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Have you contacted your carrier?  It sounds like one of two things has happened:

a) The carrier lost your provisioning data

b) Your SIM card has failed, causing it to not match your carrier's provisioning data.

Can you enter *#06# and get your SIM number on the display?  If not, it's b) above.

cousintim

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

Also try removing and reseating your SIM.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I tried the *#06# and it displayed my SIM number. I'll try removing and reseating the SIM also and see if that helps, if not I guess my SIM card has breathed it's last.

Get started...

Ask a new question